Sunday, 1 April 2007

Dulcote website

Though I haven't yet found any ancestors from Dulcote, I was really impressed by this website, Historical Sketches of Dulcote.

Of particular interest to me was the page on quarrying, as I believe my grandfather worked at Dulcote quarry, though it may possibly have been one of the other quarries nearer Croscombe. I was also fascinated to learn that there were once paper mills at Dulcote.

And if you wondered how people got around in 1910, check the picture of the stage coach.

2 comments:

Bobbi C. said...

That stagecoach is so cool! Look at all those people piled up on top! We had stagecoaches in the US, too, but only the drivers and perhaps a guard sat on top (if they were carrying money, like a Wells Fargo coach).

Fascinating stuff, Derek!

bobbi c.
http://www.bobbichukran.com

Signup Cafe24 said...

Hello there,

I agree that stagecoach is very nice and cool! :) Thanks for the beautiful stagecoach pictures :)